Operations Division is recruiting for a permanent Operations Project Manager for John Day/Willow Creek project. Outreach will be DEU (External) and MERIT (Internal).
Open Thursday, 05/30/2019
Closing dates: Monday, 06/10/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS-14
Salary: $104,821 to $136,271 per year
Location: John Day Willow Creek Project, Rufus, OR
Relocation expenses reimbursed. Yes Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations
About the Position: Serves as Project Manager for a Columbia River Hydropower Dam-Project, primarily responsible for management of human resources, technical activities, program schedule, fiscal accounting, and public relations.
Performs the following representative duties:
- Responsible for the overall management and coordination of the various and diverse programs and functions of the Lock and Dam Project.
- Responsible for coordinating appropriate activities and issues with local, county, state and federal agencies, Native American representatives, special interest groups, and the various medias.
- As Project Manager, utilizes a high degree of managerial ability and technical knowledge to plan, assign, direct, and review work operations of subordinate supervisors, employees, and contractors.
- Supervise the electrical, mechanical, and general maintenance of the large multipurpose dam and powerhouses, spillway dam, navigation locks, fish passage facilities, project buildings and grounds.
- Supervise, through key professional engineering staff, field level determinations on engineering matters concerning improvements or additions to existing project facilities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of numerous recreation/natural resource areas on project lands and shorelines, and management of associated resources.
Announcement(s) number can be found on USAJobs:
Additional questions, please contact me at the number or email below.
Bronwyn A Cummings
Operations Division, Administrative Officer
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Portland District