Posts will be removed and users may be banned permanently if they violate any of the guidelines listed below:
• Posting abusive, graphic, obscene, explicit, racially-insensitive, hateful and vindictive comments or engaging in activities intended to defame any individual or organization.
• Posting solicitations. For example, asking users to "like" your Facebook page, visit your website, sign a petition, etc.
• Posting advertisements, prize contests or giveaways. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
• Posting details about an ongoing investigation, legal or administrative proceeding that could prejudice due process or interfere with an individual's rights.
• Spamming or trolling any individual or organization.
• Posting copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics that the poster does not own.
• Posting comments, photos or videos that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
• Posting political propaganda.
• Posting documents of any kind.
In addition, keep in mind the following information when using our social media platforms:
• Users participate at their own risk on Portland District's social media platforms.
• All information posted to social media sites will be unclassified. Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) will never be posted.
• External links or third-party applications that appear on Portland District's social media platforms do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army or Department of Defense.
• Social media users are encouraged to quote, republish or share any content we publish on our social media platforms. As a courtesy, please credit the Army unit or person who authored the content.