Providing technical and professional advice to Portland District management and employees, in accordance with Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended) and all applicable EEO regulatory guidance, safeguarding the workplace and its employees from discrimination based on sex, race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, reprisal or disability.
The duties of the Equal Opportunity Office are:
- Serve as the District Commander's primary advisor on EEO / Affirmative Employment.
- Manage Army complaints processing system.
- Provide EEO-related training.
- Lead & guide via Special Emphasis programs.
- Plan, develop & monitor Portland District's Affirmative Employment Plan.
It is our commitment to administer an Equal Employment Opportunity program which creates and sustains a discrimination-free workplace